1. All times and date are to be taken as the local time and date in Hong Kong SAR, China.
2. Contest entry start: at 12:00am HK time on 1 December 2011
Contest entry end: at 11:59pm HK time on 30 April 2012
Voting* starts: at 12:00am HK time on 1 May 2012
Voting* closes: at 11:59pm HK time on 14 May 2012
*for Grand Diamond Prize, Golden Happiness Prize and Silver Celebration Prize
3. Contest entry submission will be open between 1 December 2011 and 1 May 2012, subject to screening process and approval by Hong Kong Shark Foundation. Processing may take up to two business days.
1. Hong Kong Shark Foundation holds the right to reject contest submissions without notification or explanation. Entries may be rejected for offensiveness, obscenity, incomplete entries, and multiple entries or if contestants do not meet contest criteria.
2. The contest is open to wedding couples who fulfil the following criteria:
- Both aged 18 or above.
- Holding a Chinese Wedding Banquet with more than 50 guests in attendance. (For the purposes of this contest, a ‘Chinese wedding banquet’ is one that is defined as banquet stated on the couple’s wedding invitation to guests AND is serving Chinese catered cuisine, located in a Chinese restaurant, banquet hall or other appropriate catering venue.)
- Not serving Shark Fin Soup or any other shark related food item at the Banquet
- The Banquet must occur/have occurred between 1 December 2011 and 31 December 2012.
3. All eligible entries received during the submission period will be entered into the contest to win the grand prize and the 1st and 2nd runners up prizes.
4. In addition, each month, an independent judge will select a ‘monthly prize’ winner from amongst the contestants who have submitted eligible entries that month.
5. Each entering couple is eligible to participate only once per each marriage of the associated year of the Happy Hearts Love Sharks – Hong Kong wedding contest. (i.e. if the entrants have more than one Chinese wedding banquet, they can still only enter the contest once).
Announcement of winners
1. Winners will be posted on the Hong Kong Shark Foundation website (www.hksharkfoundation.org) and the Happy Hearts Love Sharks website (www.happyheartslovesharks.org/hk) and via the Hong Kong Shark Foundation’s website (www.hksharkfoundation.org), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/hksharkfoundation) amongst other communication media.
Prizes and prize redemption
1. The contest includes one Grand Diamond Prize, one Golden Happiness Prize and one Silver Celebration Prize. In addition, there will be 5 monthly ‘Togetherness’ prizes. All of the prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value.
2. For each individual prize, each winning contest entry may be interchangeably referred to as “winner” or “winners” because each prize will be awarded to a winning couple. In other words, two partners.
3. Grand Prize: A trip for two to Fiji, including economy airfare from Hong Kong International Airport to Nadi, Fiji, domestic transfers to Kadavu, Fiji, 11 nights hotel stay at an eco-adventure resort, and a scuba diving package (as specified on website). Additional costs including, but not exclusive to, transportation to/from airports, Fiji taxes, Visa applications, travel insurance and other costs are not included in the Grand Prize. Hereinafter referred to in this document as the “Grand Diamond Prize.” The Grand Diamong Prize is valued over HK$50,000. Winners must claim all parts of the prize (e.g. winners cannot choose to stay at a different resort).
4. The Grand Prize winners are responsible for any documents or cost associated with acquiring Visas, Visa applications, or any other documentation required for entry into the Fiji islands. Hong Kong Shark Foundation will not be held responsible if any member of the winning couple is denied entry into Fiji. For more information on entry requirements please visit the Travel section of the Fiji government online portal at: http://www.fiji.gov.fj/
5. There is only one Grand Diamond Prize. Grand Diamond Prize winners will be determined based on the highest number of “votes” between the voting start date/time and voting end date/time. A vote is defined as a “Vote” on the contestant’s profile entry on the Happy Hearts Love Sharks website (www.happyheartslovesharks.org/hk). In the rare incidence that there are two or more eligible couples who, at the time of the contest closing, have the same number of votes, then the winning couples will be decided by an independent judge (by independent, we mean someone who is not employed by Hong Kong Shark Foundation, or its parent MYOCEAN Limited).
6. The entire Grand Prize trip is subject to certain blackout dates, as decided by the hotels and airline. Dates to be determined in the winners award certificate.
7. 1st Runners Up Prize: A 1 hour photography studio shoot, 1 hour design consultation and 1 framed 14x11inch image, provided by Venture Hong Kong. Additional costs including, but not exclusive to, transportation to/from the studio, personal props for the shoot, additional images and other costs are not included in the 1st Runners Up Prize. Hereinafter referred to in this document as the “Golden Happiness Prize”. The Golden Happiness Prize is valued at approximately HK$10,310. Winners must claim all parts of the prize (e.g. winners cannot choose to redeem an image of a different size).
8. There is only one Golden Happiness Prize. Golden Happiness Prize winners will be determined based on the second highest number of “votes” between the voting start date/time and voting end date/time. A vote is defined as a “Vote” on the contestant’s profile entry on the Happy Hearts Love Sharks website (www.happyheartslovesharks.org/hk)
9. 2nd Runners Up Prize: A 2-hour couples spa treatment, called “Love is a many splendoured thing” provided by the Sense of Touch signature Repulse Bay Spa salon. Additional costs including, but not exclusive to, transportation to/from the spa, supplementary treatments and other costs are not included in the 2nd Runners Up Prize. Hereinafter referred to in this document as the “Silver Celebration Prize”. The Silver Celebration Prize is valued at approximately HK$3,280. Winners must claim all parts of the prize (e.g. winners cannot choose to replace any part of the treatment with an alternative treatment).
10. There is only one Silver Celebration Prize. Silver Celebration Prize winners will be determined based on the third highest number of “votes” between the voting start date/time and voting end date/time. A vote is defined as a “Vote” on the contestant’s profile entry on the Happy Hearts Love Sharks website (www.happyheartslovesharks.org/hk)
11. The Grand Diamond Prize, Golden Happiness Prize and Silver Celebration Prize must each be claimed before 8 June 2012, in accordance with the rules set out below. Important: winners who do not claim their prize before this time are subject to fully forfeiting the respective prize to the next runner up entry without any notification. (e.g. in the instance that the Grand Diamond Prize is not claimed by the couple with the most votes, then the Grand Diamond Prize will be awarded to the couple with the second highest number of votes, and the Golden Happiness Prize and Silver Celebration Prize will be awarded to the couple with third and fourth highest number of votes respectively).
12. Monthly prizes: in addition to the above, there will be 4 or 5 monthly ‘Togetherness’ prizes, each with a guaranteed minimum value of $500. HKSF reserves the right to announce, amend or change these prizes without notification, without changing the guaranteed minimum prize value.
13. Togetherness Prize winners will be determined each month by an independent judge. By independent, we mean that the judge will not be employed by HK Shark Foundation or its parent MYOCEAN Limited.
14. Eligible entries will be those approved entries submitted that month (i.e. only approved entries submitted during February will be eligible for February’s Togetherness prize). The decision will be made in the first week of the following month and winners will be announced the week after (e.g. the winners for February’s Togetherness prize will be picked in the first week of March and announced during the second week of March). The judge’s decision following the month based on will be based upon the judge’s personal opinion as to which of the eligible entries has the most compelling reason for not serving shark foods at their wedding.
15. In order to claim any of the prizes associated with the contest, winning couples must
a. Meet all of the eligibility criteria outlined above.
b. Accept that eligibility criteria are subject to verification.
c. Sign a liability and media release waiver.
d. Agree to be interviewed, photographed and filmed, if required, for Hong Kong Shark Foundation promotional purposes in Hong Kong.
e. Be available for up to 3 media events in Hong Kong, if required.
f. The winning couples for the Grand Diamond Prize, Golden Happiness Prize and Silver Celebration Prize must attend the awards ceremony in Hong Kong on June 8th 2012.
16. In addition, in order to claim either the Grand Diamond Prize, the Golden Happiness Prize or the Silver Celebration Prize, winning couples must have their eligibility criteria verified BEFORE the prize can be redeemed. In practical terms, this means that each prize cannot be redeemed until after the Chinese Wedding Banquet has been held and verified to not have served shark products.
17. Certain steps may be required to authenticate that no shark fin soup was served at the wedding banquet, including but not limited to verification of the menu with the banquet restaurant. Couples that violate this agreement agree to pay the cost of the prize (HK$35,000 for Grand Diamond Prize winners, HK$10,310 for Golden Happiness Prize winners and HK$3,280 for Silver Celebration prize winners) in full to the Hong Kong Shark Foundation, in addition to an administration cost (HK$5,000 for Grand Diamond Prize winners, $2,500 for Golden Happiness Prize winners and HK$1,000 for Silver Celebration prize winners).
18. The winning couple, if any, will be publically announced at the media event in Hong Kong on June 8th, 2012 and they will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification. The Affidavit of Eligibility and (unless prohibited) Publicity/Liability Release must be executed and returned by each potential winner within five (5) working days after such documents are sent to the address provided by such a potential winner. Failure of a potential winner to complete, sign and return any requested documents within such period or the return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner in Sponsors’ discretion. You are not a winner unless your submissions are verified. The information in winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct and must mirror the information provided in winner’s entry or winner is disqualified. E-Mail completed affidavit to firstname.lastname@example.org. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit/Release as required, or if the Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited. If prize is unclaimed, an alternate winner will be selected. By participating, a winner, except where prohibited by law, grants Sponsors and their affiliated companies the right to use the winner’s name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, voice, biographical information and written submissions and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless required by law.
Liability, Disclaimer & Use of Data
1. Entrants agree to release and not hold liable Sponsors, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss, or other liability that may arise from entrant’s participation in the Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. All entrants agree that Hong Kong law shall apply exclusively to the Contest and that any dispute with respect to the Contest shall be resolved in the courts in Hong Kong.
Note: “Sponsors” are defined as the persons, organizations and/or businesses providing the funds and financial support for the contest and/or its prizes.
2. Entries and other submitted material become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors and those working for Sponsors or on the behalf of Sponsors, will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due mail or email and for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions and delays. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an email entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the email account from which the entry is made. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
3. Sponsors and their affiliated companies, are not responsible for any failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections. Sponsors and their affiliated companies are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information which may be used in the Contest, or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including data entered by contestants. Sponsors and their affiliated companies reserve the right to discontinue the Contest at any time, in which event, only entries received prior that date will be considered.
4. Hong Kong Shark Foundation reserves the right to determine which entries are appropriate for contest submission. If content is determined to be inappropriate for public viewing entries may be disqualified. Participants will be notified of any entries that have not been uploaded for competition.
5. The information that you provide in connection with the Contest may be used for Sponsors’ internal purposes and to send you Sponsors’ newsletters and other information about Sponsors, but will not be provided to third parties, except as necessary for the administration of the Contest or as required by law or legal process.
6. Hong Kong Shark Foundation has the rights to use any information submitted under the ‘Public Information’ section of the contest entry form for media, marketing and publication purposes. Photos will not be used for commercial purposes. Important: Contestants are solely and fully responsible for copyrights of any photos or videos that are submitted to Hong Kong Shark Foundation used for the purposes of this contest. Hong Kong Shark Foundation holds no liability as it is the contestant’s sole responsibility to ensure that the photo they are submitting for the Wedding Contest to be used for the purposes of media, marketing and publications have been approved by the photographer or businesses associated without credits to the photographer or business associated. All contestants’ photos are subject to image edits for overlaying Sponsors and quotes onto photo submission.
7. Contestants give consent to Hong Kong Shark Foundation to use their first names, comments, photographs, videos and likeness in order to promote the Happy Hearts Love Sharks wedding contest. Contestants may be called upon by journalists to answer questions about their involvement in the Happy Hearts Love Sharks wedding contest by email or phone.
8. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify or cancel all or any portions of the Contest because of technical errors or malfunctions, viruses, hackers, or for other reasons that corrupt the Contest in any manner. Sponsors also reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who fails to comply with these Official Rules, who attempts to enter the Contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, or who attempts to disrupt the Contest or to circumvent any of these Official Rules. Please note that contest rules, deadlines and prizes are subject to change without notice.
9. Officers, directors, representatives, and employees of Sponsors, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective advertising, promotion, publicity, production, and judging agencies, and those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the contest judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all Hong Kong local laws and regulations. Any/all Hong Kong taxes are each winner’s sole responsibility. The prizes will be awarded. No prize substitutions, transfers, or cash alternatives permitted except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsors’ discretion. By entering, each winner accepts all of the conditions, restrictions, requirements, and/or regulations required by Sponsors and also agree to accept delivery of prize. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, picture, likeness, address, and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes for Sponsors and for this and/or similar promotions, without compensation.
10. Contest is void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted.